Sundays at 9:15am
St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church had its beginning when two communicants met to worship on the night of November 3, 1870, at the Union Church in Mt. Jackson. In 1874, the Diocesan Journal reported that a neat brick church was near completion in Mt. Jackson. St. Andrew’s Chapel was consecrated on July 29, 1877. Between 1884 and 1890, the St. Andrew’s Church building was enlarged. The original front was removed and the vestibule and church tower were added.
Due to a wartime shortage of priests and the deteriorating health of our rector, no church services were held at St. Andrew’s from 1944 through 1952. The church was reopened, refurbished and again began servicing its people on October 26, 1952. St. Andrew’s ended its mission status and became fully self-supporting in the mid-1960’s.
St. Andrew's Church, Mt. Jackson
5890 Main Street
Mt. Jackson, VA 22842
The parish secretary, Mary Gibson, is in the St. Andrew's office on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8-1. Her email is email@example.com.